The Porkopolis Eggfest is dedicated to being the most cook friendly Eggfest. We understand that the entire success of the fest is determined by the cooks. With that understand we have made strides to ensure that cooks have all the tools necessary to cook and have fun. The following are what Cooks should expect at the fest…
- Big Green Egg with DFMT
- Bag of Charcoal
- Starter Cubes
- Gallon Jug of Potable Water
- Plates, Napkins, Soufflé Cups, Forks and Spoons
- Sanitizer bucket and towel at each station
- Walk in Refrigeration
- Electricity access at each cook’s station – Please bring YOUR OWN EXTENSION CORD!
- Shaded Shelter
- Ceiling Fans in the Shelter
- Water Access
- 3 Compartment Ware Washing Station
- Actual Bathrooms for Hand washing (No Port-O-Lets!)
- Hammann’s Butcher Shop will gladly fill your order and have it waiting!!
- Access to Restaurant Depot (Contact Eddie ahead of time for card)
- Access to shaded “Beer Garden”
What to Bring
- All ingredients for your offerings (Please ensure proper handling of food.Hot foods Hot, Cold foods Cold
- Ensure that if cooked food hasn’t been eaten in 2 hours, please discard! We don’t want to make anyone sick! Please review the following form for instructions on food handling.
- All utensils and service items needed (Thermometer,gloves, tongs, spatulas, knives, spoons, cutting boards, trays, catering pans, woo ring, spider, pizza stone, etc.)
- Fire Extinguisher – Some on site but we’ll need a bunch more!
- Any special Decorations, Aprons, Hats, chairs, etc! Let’s make it fun!!!
- If planning to use electricity please bring your own extension cord. At least 10 foot.
WE WILL NOT BE INSPECTED BY BOARD OF HEALTH, BUT THESE ARE GREAT GUIDELINES TO KEEP PEOPLE SAFE!!!
What to Cook or Not to Cook
There are going to be a limited number of Eggs available at the fest. With that understanding it is not advised to do very long cooks such as brisket and pork butt as you may be sharing your egg. If you know of another cook whom you would like to share with, please identify and we’ll make sure to pair you!
Other than those previous mentioned, have fun! You are only limited by your imagination! One rule…it must be cooked on the Egg!!! Many of the newbies are going to be interacting with you to learn techniques and preparations. Great learning happens when huddled around the Egg! Remember that you are producing sample sized portions! You are not personally responsible for feeding the entire crowd with each dished cooked!! A good rule of thumb is “two bites” or less!
What Not to Bring
Germania Park is a private club that works with it’s own liquor license. 9 beer taps will be working at the event so we ask that you not bring in liquor or soft drinks unless it is an ingredient in your cook. Please respect the club!
Much of the Text Paraphrased from Sunshine Eggfest by Little Chef and Bubba Tim! Thanks guys!!!